After the initial creative session, we worked with owner Tash to create an identity that would look pretty sweet (ha). We focussed on creating something that would look like fun, similar vibes to the standard ice-cream truck that always gets the attention.
- We set out to create a mood board that showcased lots of big bright colours, illustrations, and graphics that we could work with.
- The colours eventuated from the look of the ‘sweet potato’. We then carried through all the warm colour vibes, steering away from the generic green and kraft look of the stereotypical plant-based trucks.
- We created custom illustrations and graphics that would bring not only a visual appeal but a character set that people could identify with (cue the development of the trio sweet potato clan).
- We wanted to carry through the fun through the typography by using a handwritten font that tied in really well with the squiggly line graphics and characters we had created.
- It was then all tied together with Tash’s cheeky personality using lines like ‘sweet potatoes are just potatoes that believed in miracles’ and ‘We like big spuds and we cannot lie’.