We sat down with founder Andrew and his wingman David, to nut out how we could really capture the essence of illumin8 today and for the years to come.
- We focused on updating the elements that they felt still held some importance and recognition (hello shakkas) and gave them a 2.0 vibe.
- We worked on the colour palette that would not only differentiate them from the standard accounting firm but would add in a splash of vibrancy and fun.
- Adding to that, we wanted to bring in a bold font that packed a punch, yet could also be pulled back and reserved when needed.
- We introduced a bunch of illustrations from repetitive phrases, single letter call outs, scribbles and frames, that could be replicated throughout all of the branded material.
- We reworked the shakkas into the logo, rounded out the typography for the wordmark to bring in a more comical tone, and created an assisting ‘8’ bulb that could act as its own brand signifier.
- The plain blocked colours allowed us to incorporate a more contemporary illustrative style without overcomplicating or confusing the aesthetic.
We think it’s pretty stand out!